TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - As you found, removing the screws to the internal
People Seeking Info

Subject As you found, removing the screws to the internal

Posted by DVDBURN (MD) on August 10, 2010 at 1:29 PM
  This message has been viewed 917 times.

In Reply To Why not just remove the posted by Gennosuke on August 09, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Message plastic piece does not help in freeing the internal parts from the housing. I had removed those too but if I remember correctly, I carefully found that you may damage the electronics if you did try to seperate that top square plastic piece. I don't remember if I actually did removed it and put it back or not so proceed at your own risk.

From what I could tell, the bearing on the shaft below the rotor plate is pressed into the housing. And for whatever reason (wish I had a CAS to destroy), whether it is pressed into the bearing or not the shaft cannot easily be removed from that bearing as well. I didn't want to risk damaging my CAS by trying to hard to remove it so whatever's holding those parts to the housing in still a mystery to me too.

Maybe someone who has a CAS they can destroy can examine it further and post about it here. That would really help in making this thread on the CAS complete.

www.mytwinturbo.com

Nissan Data Voice - The first Nissan diagnostic software with a voice!

Download my Nissan 300ZX Vin/Model Lookup.

Watch an ECZA meet caravan!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.